- Anesthesia, sedation and pain management services for large and small animals, including exotic species
- Techniques include the use of injectable drugs, inhalant anesthetics, ventilator management, regional anesthesia/analgesia (peripheral nerve blocks, dental blocks, epidurals/epidural catheterization), constant rate infusions and balanced anesthesia/analgesia
- Clinical Pain Group integrates current knowledge, research and clinical applications. This includes integrative methods of analgesia (acupuncture, chiropractic, herbal therapy)
- Continuing education for DVMs and technicians within the VMC, the referring community and at regional/ national/international meetings
- Speakers for lay groups and breed clubs
- Special interests Acute and chronic pain management, airway disease, emergency/critical care, integrative medicine, computer-assisted teaching development
- Small animal cases arriving for same-day service must be checked in at the small animal hospital by 6 a.m.
- Large animal cases arriving for same-day service must be checked in at the large animal hospital by 9 a.m.
- Please send any completed blood work and radiographs with the client. Please speak with an anesthesiologist directly regarding specific anesthetic concerns for any of your referred patients.