Animal Behavior Counseling and Training Service
- Behavioral training assessment and training plan development for dogs and cats
- Training to improve a pet's response to being handled at the veterinary practice by teaching them alternate behaviors while slowly exposing them to the troubling situations.
- Assist clients with their animal's difficult nail trims, administering medications or other behavior problems
- Help implement a veterinary prescribed training program
- Gentle Leader, harness and basket muzzle fittings and instruction on proper use
- We offer low stress handling training for veterinary practice staff
- Work with patients to teach them to participate with their visits rather than just attend the visit
- Work with veterinarians to provide a team-based training program for pets
Our training specialist, Dana Emerson, is a graduate of the esteemed Karen Pryor Academy for animal training and behavior program. She is a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner and maintains her certification by attending continuing education. Dana has over 30 years of experience working as a veterinary technician, with 14 of those years working exclusively with a Board-certified Veterinary Behaviorist. She has been involved with training dogs since the 1980's and has worked with veterinarians going on to specialize in behavioral medicine.