Refer a Patient
Make a small animal referral to the Veterinary Referral Center
You may refer small animal patients to us in one of three ways:
- Complete and send via fax a small animal referral form to 952-953-4453
- OR complete and submit an online referral request
- Call the VRC team at 952-953-3737.
Please follow the guidelines
- Fill out the referral form completely and attach the medical record and fax to 952-953-4453 or to email@example.com
- Please do not write "see enclosed records". Use our forms whenever possible to make certain our clinicians have all the information they need.
- Indicate whether you are referring for a consultation, diagnosis, diagnosis and treatment, or second opinion.
- Confirm all phone numbers for owners before making referrals to avoid a delay in processing the appointment.
- If anesthesia is anticipated, send the results of lab work completed within the previous month.
- Send a copy of the medical record and appropriate radiographs prior to the appointment directly to Veterinary Referral Center. When at all possible, please send radiographs as original DICOM (.dcm) image files. If you are unsure how to do this, it may be necessary for you to contact your vendor.
IP Address/Hostname: 126.96.36.199
AE Title: D6541
Port Number: 4006
- For liability reasons, please do not send photographs of radiographs or photographs of digital images. Please send the original images. If you have analogue radiograph film, please send them with the client or mail them prior to the appointment.
After Hours Referrals
- Non-emergent referrals should be arranged during our normal business hours.
- Call South Metro Animal Emergency Care, 952-953-3737 to arrange for emergency referrals outside of the hours of 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Call University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center Emergency Services, 612-626-VETS (8387), to arrange emergency referrals after hours. These cases will be seen at our 1365 Gortner Avenue location.
- Emergencies are defined as a medical incident or condition which, if not treated immediately, would result in long-lasting morbidity or mortality.
- Specialists are available for consultations via the emergency service after hours or on weekends.
Monday through Friday 8am to 6pm, call the VRC team at 952-953-3737 if you have any concerns or questions.