Refer a patient
The VRC is reimbursing the cost of a surgical assessment/diagnostic exam for all first-time patients who complete such an appointment before December 31, 2019 – a $214 value.
The surgical procedure must be completed within 30 days after the initial VRC exam and the credit will be applied at the patient's discharge post surgery. Other fees may apply and will be charged at regular pricing.
Make a small animal referral to the Veterinary Referral Center
We provide a range of services in internal medicine and surgery. If you do not see a service listed below, please call to consult and determine if we can still provide assistance.
Please follow the guidelines
- Fill out the referral form completely and attach the medical record and fax to 952-953-4453 or to email@example.com.
- Please do not write "see enclosed records". Use our forms whenever possible to make certain our clinicians have all the information they need.
- Indicate whether you are referring for a consultation, diagnosis, diagnosis and treatment, or second opinion.
- Confirm all phone numbers for owners before making referrals to avoid a delay in processing the appointment.
- If anesthesia is anticipated, send the results of lab work completed within the previous month.
- Send a copy of the medical record and appropriate radiographs prior to the appointment directly to Veterinary Referral Center. When at all possible, please send radiographs as original DICOM (.dcm) image files. If you are unsure how to do this, it may be necessary for you to contact your vendor.
IP Address/Hostname: 184.108.40.206
AE Title: D6541
Port Number: 4006
- For liability reasons, please do not send photographs of radiographs or photographs of digital images. Please send the original images. If you have analogue radiograph film, please send them with the client or mail them prior to the appointment.
After Hours Referrals
- Non-emergent referrals should be arranged during our normal business hours.
- For emergencies you can contact either:
- South Metro Animal Emergency Care at 952-953-3737 to arrange for emergency referrals outside of our hours of 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. These cases will be seen by our companion clinic located in the same space at VRC.
- University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center Emergency Services at 612-626-VETS (8387), to arrange emergency referrals after hours. These cases will be seen at our 1365 Gortner Avenue location.
- Emergencies are defined as a medical incident or condition which, if not treated immediately, would result in long-lasting morbidity or mortality.
- Specialists are available for consultations via the emergency service after hours or on weekends.
Monday through Friday 8am to 6pm, call the VRC team at 952-953-3737 if you have any concerns or questions.