- Clients seeking emergency care are encouraged to call ahead (612) 626-8387.
- Please be aware that in order to mitigate the exposure of clients and staff to coronavirus, the VMC has implemented the following measures:
- Please let us know if you or anyone in the pet's household is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 such as, fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- For clients arriving at the hospital, you will be given instructions to call our front desk and wait in the car with your pet. A team member will be in contact with you by phone to ask you questions related to your pet's visit, at which time a member of the care team will come to your car to transport your pet into the hospital. In most situations, you will not be permitted to enter the hospital.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to allow visitation to hospitalized patients during their stay except (on a case by case basis with clinician approval) in the case of end of life situations.
Protecting the health of our clients and employees is critical to our being able to provide care to our patients who need it most. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this situation.
The University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center's (VMC) hospitals have served Minnesota's dogs, cats, horses, and farm animals for more than a century. With the largest team of board-certified specialists in the Upper Midwest, animals benefit from our collaborative, complete-care approach and latest research and technologies. VMC’s hospitals provide quality care in cutting-edge facilities, delivering veterinary services in a teaching environment that is continuously shaping the future of veterinary medicine.
Join our team!
We invite you to join our team at the University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center (VMC). The VMC has served the community for more than a century. With 16 specialty areas, state-of-the-art equipment such as a 3T MRI, CT, and Linear Accelerator, the VMC is one of the nation's busiest veterinary hospitals, treating more than 40,000 animal cases annually.
Help support our great work
The VMC is a not-for-profit teaching hospital and receives less than 10 percent of its annual operating budget from government funding. The philanthropic support of our clients, alumni, friends, and corporate partners allows us to continue to invest in the technology and resources needed to care for our patients, make new discoveries in veterinary medicine, and train the next generation of veterinarians. You can make a difference in the Veterinary Medical Center by investing in our future.