Billing and payment
We will work with you to offer treatment options that take cost into consideration. We value you and your animals and want to continue our relationship with you.
Our accounting office is happy to answer any of your billing questions, please call 612-625-2745 or 612-625-0274.
Outpatient care is the care that is entirely completed on the day of your animal's visit.
- Our payment policy requires payment in full at the time of completion of outpatient care.
Payment options include cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express credit card, and CareCredit loans.
If your animal is hospitalized, you will receive an estimate of the likely cost range (low and high) for at least the first 24 hours of care to help you plan. This is only a preliminary estimate and may change if your animal needs more care or testing. Your doctor will update your estimate daily, if needed. If you do not receive this information from your doctor, please ask him/her to explain costs and feel free to call and ask for updates.
- We require a deposit equal to 75 percent of the high end of the initial estimate. We cannot provide care to your animal without this payment.
- If more care or testing is required beyond the initial estimate, additional payment must be made before care is given.
- If you have an outstanding bill, we cannot provide additional services until the past-due balance is paid in full.
- Payment in full must be made at the time your animal is discharged.
Payment options include cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express credit card, and CareCredit.
What if I can't afford to pay?
The VMC operates as a business, with the state of Minnesota covering less than nine percent of our budget. Our board-certified specialists and diagnostic equipment mean that our fees are often higher than those of smaller clinics. We make every effort to charge reasonable fees and will work with you to find ways to pay, but we cannot treat your animal without payment.