We invite you to join our team at the University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center (VMC). The VMC has served the community for more than a century. With 16 specialty areas, state-of-the-art equipment such as a 3T MRI, CT, and Linear Accelerator, the VMC is one of the nation's busiest veterinary hospitals, treating more than 40,000 animal cases annually.
Veterinary Technician openings
Bring your passion for animal care to the most advanced, full-service medical center for large and small animals in Minnesota! We have opportunities for a variety of shifts in 16 specialty areas including, but not limited to: Primary Care, Emergency & Critical Care, Anesthesia, Ophthalmology, Oncology & Radiation Therapy, Nutrition, Neurology, Cardiology, Small Animal Rehabilitation, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Urgent Care, Dentistry, Dermatology, Medical Imaging, and Large & Small Animal Internal Medicine & Surgery. With state-of-the-art technology such as a 3-T MRI, CT, and Linear Accelerator you can apply your advanced technical skills or grow your current knowledge in a trusting, team environment to improve a patient’s quality of life.
Job ID is 343467
Our veterinary technicians contribute to the health and well being of our patients every day by delivering outstanding, high quality vet tech services. They assist Clinicians and other medical staff members with procedures which may include (but are not limited to) specialty care, emergency care, intensive care, surgical assisting, radiography, anesthesiology, laboratory procedures, administering treatments, animal nursing, animal restraint and handling, preventative care, clinical research, etc. within assigned service area as well as across functions as needed or based on area of interest and training.
Job ID 343558
The Vet Tech Assistant (VTA) is responsible for care of patients as prescribed, performing diagnostic tests, and updating owners with status of care. Additional duties will include maintaining facilities according to VMC cleanliness standards and ordering or stocking feed and supplies, accurate record keeping, assisting with training of veterinary technical students and other duties as assigned. The specific duties and work schedule will vary based on current needs.
Benefits of working at the VMC
- Competitive wages
- Excellent medical and dental coverage
- Vacation and sick pay
- Shift differentials for nights and weekends
- Paid holidays
- Matching retirement dollars
- Professional development fund available
- Opportunites for growth and promotion
- Pet food group purchasing program
- Access to entertainment, education & money saving perks through the University
- University tuition benefits through the Regents Scholarship
- VMC Employee discount 20%
Technicians also receive the following benefits:
- 24-hours paid CE per year
- Up to $1,500 for out-of-state CE
- Ability to teach - annual Technician Teaching Award
- Support given for pursuing VTS
- Technicians with student loan debt may qualify for the federal government's public loan forgiveness program
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.